Summer is slowly coming to an end and fall is making its entry with cooler mornings, crisp apples, and football games! Fresh, flavorful apples won’t be around for long so grab some friends or family to pick apples, then make a refreshing salad, warming breakfast, and crowd-pleasing drink.
Not only are apples naturally sweet and delicious, they are also loaded with Vitamin C, which boosts the immune system and can help prevent that dreaded seasonal cold. So, try these recipes out and build up your defense system!
Apple Kale Salad
● 2 cups kale, leaves removed from stems and chopped
● 1 apple, cored and sliced
● ½ red onion, sliced
● Optional protein of choice (2 grilled chicken breasts or 1 cup cooked quinoa)
● ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
● 2 garlic cloves, minced
● 1 drop black pepper vitality
● Pinch sea salt
● 3 drops lemon vitality
● Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over kale leaves and “massage” dressing into leaves with hands. Wait for the leaves to turn a more vibrant green.
● Top with remaining ingredients and serve as a side dish or as a meal with the added protein of choice.
Spiced Apple Overnight Oats
● 1 cup old fashioned oats
● 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
● 1 drop thieves vitality oil
● 1 apple, cored and diced
● ½ cup chopped pecans
● 1 tsp honey, optional
● Add all ingredients and mix well. Pour into two separate jars, then refrigerate overnight.
● Serve cold or warmed. For more protein, you can add 1-2 Tbsp almond butter.
Spiced Apple Cider - perfect for a fall party!
● 2 quarts 100% apple juice
● 2 drops Thieves vitality oil
● 1 Tbsp ground clove
● ½ tsp allspice
● 1 lemon, thinly sliced
● 1 orange, thinly sliced
● Add apple juice, vitality oil, and spices to a large pot or dutch oven. Bring to a boil, then simmer 10 minutes.
● Add lemon and orange slices, then reduce heat to low and heat for 5 more minutes. Serve warm.