Effective Date: June 5, 2018.
Welcome to theoilyhomecompanion.com (the “Website”). This website is operated by Homestead on the Hill, LLC and its licensees (“we” or “us”), a distributor for Young Living Essential OilsTM (“Young Living”) with the goal of providing you with information and education on Young Living products. We are committed to maintaining the privacy of the information you provide to us in using the Website. Please Note: All information you provide to Young Living is subject to Young Living’s Policies and Procedures, Membership Agreement, and Compensation Plan. Except for our receipt of certain of your information from Young Living (described in more detail below), we do not participate in or control Young Living’s use of your information.
- Your use of the Website;
- Your signing up as a member with Young Living via our Website (as provided by Young Living to us);
- Your purchase of oils or other products through Young Living (each, a “Product”);
- Your signing up for an email list and/or email updates through the Website (the “Email List”); and/or
- Your membership in, and communications within, the Oily Home Companion Online Community (the “Community”).
I. Categories of Information We Collect:
A. Information You Provide to Young Living. When you sign up as a member with Young Living through our website and/or by using our Sponsor ID and Enroller ID and ultimately purchase Products, Young Living provides us with the following information:
- Your name;
- Your physical address;
- Your email address; and
- The value of the order you placed with Young Living.
B. Information You Provide to Us. You provide us with information that we collect when you:
- Sign up for the Email List;
- Become a member of Young Living (via the process detailed above);
- Opt into a freebie (like the Five-day Thieves Cleaning Challenge, or a free e-book); or
- Communicate with us – either on social media, by sending a direct message on another platform or sending us an email.
Depending on which of the above activities you engage in, information you provide to us may include your first name, last name, physical address, email address, phone number, credit card or bank information, purchase history, and question or other content you submit to us in message form.
C. A Note About Email Messages and Direct Communications. We receive many messages or inquiries from people who share specific questions or other inquiries with us. We may share some of those questions with our audience, but will never share your personal identifying information in connection with those stories without first seeking permission from you. We regret that we cannot respond to each and every communication.
D. Other Information We Receive and Store. We also receive information from you as a result of your visiting our Website, including your IP address, your browser type and version, your operating system and platform, your purchase history, pages you view, terms you search for, length of visits to pages and other browser interaction information. We incorporate tools such as Facebook pixels and Google Analytics in collecting such information (for a list of all third parties through which we receive, share, and process data, see below).
II. Use and Disclosure of Information We Collect
A. Use and Disclosure of Information. We will use and disclose your information only as follows:
- To confirm your access to the Community;
- To confirm your opt-ins;
- To follow up to make sure your purchases are fulfilled and satisfactory;
- To communicate with you in connection with the Website, Community, and Products, and related giveaways and educational materials;
- To advertise and market our new or special offerings to you via email and via social media, specifically, Facebook and Instagram advertising;
- If, in the course of opting into or receiving a freebie, you opt to receive emails from us, we will use such information to send you emails;
- If you submit your information in signing up for the Email List on the Website, we will use such information to send you emails;
- To protect the rights and safety of us, our shareholders, members, officers, employees and customers;
- As otherwise required by applicable law.
We receive, share, and process data through the following third parties:
- Facebook and Instagram (for purposes of marketing and advertising);
- Autopilot (for email marketing);
- Google (for email);
- Google and Squarespace (for website analytics);
- Google Sheets (for customer data analysis);
- Young Living Essential Oils (for member information collection, order intake, credit card processing and order fulfillment);
- Project Broadcast (for text message notification management);
- Postnet and Uprinting (for physical mailing services);
- Thinkific (for educational course hosting); and
- Squarespace (for website hosting).
We disclose your information to third parties in the following situations:
- Creation or facilitation of marketing and advertising campaigns;
- In receiving email resulting from your providing us with your information, such as in an opt-in form, or in signing up for our Email List;
- To service providers that support our business, website operation, customer service, marketing and advertising; and
- To protect the rights and safety of us, our shareholders, members, employees and customers (such as to legal representatives and law enforcement) as you expressly permit and as required by law (such as the result of a court subpoena).
We may transfer your information in the event of the sale of substantially all of the assets of our business to a third-party or in the event of a merger, consolidation or acquisition. However, in such event, any acquirer of that information will be subject to the provisions of our commitments to you!
III. How to Request Information Collected or Maintained About You
Upon request, we will provide you with access to all information that we have collected and maintain about you. You can also request that information we have collected and maintained about you be deleted. You can access this information by emailing us at here. In order to delete your account with Young Living, or modify, cancel, or adjust your order of any Product, you must contact Young Living directly in accordance with Young Living’s Membership Agreement.
IV. Data Storage and Erasure
We store your data only for as long as it is necessary to provide services to you or until you unsubscribe from our Email List, whichever occurs first. If you have signed up for our Email List and do not affirmatively unsubscribe, we will continue to maintain data pertaining to you that is necessary for the delivery of email updates unless and until you affirmatively unsubscribe. If you opt out of or unsubscribe from the email updates, we will honor all opt out requests within thirty (30) days and will delete your data within one (1) calendar year of your opting out and/or unsubscribe request.
Note: If you request that data we maintain about you be deleted or erased, no one (neither us nor you) will be able to recover that information later.
V. Linked Websites.
VI. We Cannot Guarantee The Security of the Website
We take seriously our obligation to safeguard the confidentiality, security and integrity of personal information collected from our users. As you can see, the Website uses an SSL (or “secure sockets layer”) certificate, which provides secure, encrypted communications between a website and internet browser. You should be aware, however, that no system is completely secure from hackers and network failure and error, and we cannot guarantee the confidentiality, security and integrity of information maintained on our Website for that reason.
VII. Notification of Changes