Moms all around the world are constantly battling for their loved ones—fighting for their emotional wellbeing and sense of security, taking care of their health, and encouraging them to step into their purpose. They're cultivators of life, both gentle and strong, comforters to those who are weary, devoted to their loved ones, inviting without borders, and unconditionally loving. Moms are amazing and they deserve to be celebrated—today and everyday. As we kick off the month of May, we want to share some ways you can celebrate the many moms in your life.
Whether you have one or two moms in your life that you feel drawn to bless or you have an army of moms that all deserve some extra love, these fun ideas are sure to make the ladies in your life feel valued, seen, and adored.
1. SPA GIFT BASKET
The moms we know are constantly at work—they hardly have time to even think about getting out and treating themselves to a spa day. Often it just doesn’t seem practical for their schedule or budget. So why not bring the spa to them? They can get dinner going in the slow cooker, pop some laundry in the washer, then sit back and relax with this handy kit. You can get creative with what you include, but here are some ideas to get you started.
Or create some of your own spa items!
DIY BATH BOMBS
½ cup Epsom salts
½ cup Citric acid
1 cup baking soda
¼ cup cornstarch
3 tsp of almond oil
14 drops of favorite essential oil smell/blend (Lavender, geranium, citrus fresh, eucalyptus)
Bath bomb molds
Dried rose petals/lavender/flowers (Optional)
1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk until well combined. If using dried flowers, crush into dry ingredients and mix well so it is evenly distributed.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Slowly pour the wet ingredient mixture into the large mixing bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix very well. Feel free to use your hands to mix.
3. Once thoroughly mixed, pick up the mixture and shape it. It should feel like damp sand and should hold a shape well. If it does not, add a teaspoon of water until it feels that way. Once it holds shape, you are ready to put the mixture in the molds.
4. Fill both sides of the mold all the way and close the mold together.
5. The last step is just waiting for the bath bombs to dry and harden. Let them sit in the mold for about an hour, then you may take them out and let them air dry. Put them on a towel in a safe space. When taking the bath bombs out of the mold, you may need to do a little wiggling. Let them dry overnight and then they're ready to enjoy!
DIY BATH SALTS
2 cups of Epsom salts
1 cup of baking soda
10-15 drops of your favorite essential oils
Simply mix the Epsom salts, baking soda, and essential oils in a bowl, then pour into a glass jar to store and distribute to loved ones!
DIY ESSENTIAL OIL CANDLE
Glass jar or nice clay container
Wick centering tool (or you can just use pens/chopsticks to center wick)
Your favorite Young Living Essential Oils
Wood stick for stirring wax
Glass measuring cup or jar to melt wax in (make sure that this is something you will only use to melt wax in because it’s very hard to wash out)
1. Center wick in the middle of the candle with your tool or pens/chopsticks. Once you get the wick centered, attach it with either the sticker included from the wick tool or just a dab of hot glue.
2. There are two different options for melting the wax: The first one is to microwave the wax. Put about 2 cups at a time and microwave in 30 second intervals. The amount of wax you’ll need depends on the size of your container or jar. Keep repeating the 2 cups until you fill your jar to the top. The second option is using a double boiler. That is using hot water in a pot and having a glass bowl that is larger sit on top. If you do this, add the wax in the bowl and let it melt slowly. There are plenty of Youtube tutorials on how to use a double boiler to melt wax safely. We recommend doing 3 cups at a time.
3. Next, add the essential oils you’ve picked for your spa candles. Since you'll need a lot of oil to make the candle potent enough to fill a room with your chosen aroma, we'd recommend a blend so that you're not using too many drops from one oil. You'll need about 50 drops minimum. Once the oils are distributed, stir with wooden stick.
4. Carefully pour the melted wax into your container and let it harden. Let it sit for 8 hours.
5. Once the wax has totally hardened, trim the wick to about ¼” above the wax. And voila—a homemade candle!
2. OFFER TO HELP WITH KIDS AND CHORES
For some people, acts of service speak louder than any of the other love languages. This is a simple way to let someone know that you recognize and appreciate the time they invest in the lives of others! Bring over your favorite oil blend, diffuser, Thieves Household Cleaner, and play some good tunes while cleaning while your friend takes a much needed break. They may put up a fight and try to help you—insist that this is a gift!. Also, if you have some wool dryer balls and a calming essential oil, bring those over and pop them in their dryer while doing a load of laundry! This makes clothes and linens smell absolutely amazing and the aroma spreads well beyond the laundry room. Our personal favorites to add are Geranium, Lavender, or Purification. Another way to love on your friend is giving them a brief break from their little ones. Offer to take her kids to the park if it’s a sunny day or to do an art project with them—just make sure to clean up afterwards! You could even make some DIY Essential Oils Playdough (recipe here) that'll keep kiddos entertained. Even if it’s only an hour, we're sure that an intentional break will lift a load of stress off your sweet friend’s shoulders.
3. RECIPE CARD TIN & VITALITY OILS
If you know someone who is a genius in the kitchen, this is the perfect idea for them! A tin for them to keep all their million dollar recipes and a few Young Living Vitality Oils that'll give their recipes a boost—and maybe even inspire some new ones! Rifle Paper Co. has a couple of really adorable tins with recipe cards that we love!
These are some of our favorite Vitality Oils to inspire the chef within:
4. HOMEMADE TRAVEL ESSENTIALS KIT
With summer vacation right around the corner, your friend is going to thank you for this thoughtful and practical gift. This is a great way to share some of your favorite go-to oils with your world-traveling friend and their family! The travel case makes it easy and accessible to neatly pack your oils on the go.
Suggestions of oil samples to include:
5. HOST A SPA DAY FOR YOUR GALS
Who doesn't love a spa day? This opportunity allows you to spend time with your favorite mom friends, while celebrating all of their victories and hard work! Use this time to share some words of affirmation, too. How do your friends inspire you? How do they bring joy into your life? Don’t keep those thoughts to yourself! It'll for sure make your gal pals will feel like queens for a day!
What you'll need:
Buckets for foot baths and DIY salt soak for feet
Hot towels for face steams
Headbands/hairbands for people to pull back their hair
DIY face masks (see recipes below)
Natural nail polish/ nail files, cotton balls, nail polish remover, nail clippers (LOVE Rooted Woman)
Cucumbers for eyes—to give the full spa effect!
DIY ACTIVATED CHARCOAL FACE MASK (for acne prone skin)
WHAT YOU NEED NEED | YIELDS ENOUGH FOR 4 PEOPLE
2 teaspoons activated charcoal
1 tablespoon bentonite clay
1 tablespoon water
2 teaspoons of raw unfiltered honey
2 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
2 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use. Use a wooden spoon or clean face brush to apply. Leave on for 20 minutes, then wash off with warm water. Apply moisturizer after drying face.
TURMERIC HONEY FACE MASK
WHAT YOU NEED | YIELDS ENOUGH FOR 6 PEOPLE
½ tablespoon turmeric powder
½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
½ tablespoon of coconut milk or plain organic yogurt
3 tablespoons of raw unfiltered honey
1 drop each of Lemon Essential Oil
1 drop of Grapefruit Essential Oil
1 drop of Geranium Essential Oil
SPIRULINA & AVOCADO FACE MASK (for dry skin)
WHAT YOU NEED NEED | YIELDS ENOUGH FOR 3 PEOPLE
1 tablespoon spirulina powder
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon of honey
2 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
2 drop Myrrh Essential Oil
Mash avocado with a fork in the bowl, then add in the rest of the ingredients until mixed together well and it forms a paste. Apply mask using wooden spoon, brush or even your fingers. Leave on for about 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water. Apply moisturizer after patting face dry.
6. MAKE A FABULOUS DIY LIP BALM AND GIVE IT AWAY TO ALL YOUR GALS
Cracking lips are not on the top ten beauty trends list and a girl truly cannot have enough chapstick, so this gift idea is sure to be a crowd pleaser! And the wonderful thing is you can make multiple of these in one batch to give away to your many momma pals. Attach an encouraging note to each one to go the extra mile.
DIY LAVENDER LIP BALM
MATERIALS NEEDED | YIELDS AROUND 40 TUBES
6 tablespoon of beeswax
2 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon of shea butter
40 drops of essential oil of choice that's safe to use for topical—we love Lavender!
1. Add beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter to a double boiler and melt ingredients together.
2. Once ingredients are all completely melted, add essentials in and stir to distribute evenly.
3. Next, we would suggest using a syringe (medicine dropper) or use a funnel to transfer the mix to the lip balm tubes. Fill all the way to the top and place the cap on.
4. Let the tubes cool in room temperature for about 30 minutes, then transfer to the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Then you are ready to gift them!