- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups cold water
- Several drops of any essential oil
- Food coloring, optional
- Mix flour, salt, cream of tartar, oil, and water in a medium saucepan
- Stir over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until play dough has reached the right consistency.
- Let cool, split into 3 balls, and knead in essential oils and optional food coloring until it is
distributed evenly throughout each ball of playdough
- Store in airtight container.