The smell and flavor of peppermint is used throughout every season. In spring and summer, peppermint brings the invigorating energy we need after a day in the sun, and adds a minty-fresh flavor to our favorite teas. In the fall and winter, peppermint helps us wake up on darker mornings, assists our digestive systems during holiday feasts, and provides the nostalgic candy-cane flavor to our favorite treats! Whatever the season and whatever is going on with your day, Peppermint Essential Oil is there for you.
Peppermint Essential Oil is one of the most common and recognizable oils Young Living has to offer because of its nostalgic and vibrant aroma. It’s known for stimulating the senses, cooling the skin, and leaving a refreshing scent wherever it’s diffused or applied. Peppermint Vitality Essential Oil is used to aid digestion, and in cooking to add a minty, fresh flavor that delights your taste buds.
Did you know peppermint actually originated in Europe? Today, though, 75% of the global supply is grown in the United States. Young Living has several farms that produce their peppermint plants, including Whispering Springs Farm in Mona, Utah. To make one 15-ml bottle of Peppermint Essential Oil, Young Living takes one pound of the leaves and flowering tops of the peppermint plant, then gathers the oil through steam-distillation. Young Living also features Peppermint Essential Oil in some of their other products, including Cool Azul Pain Relief Cream, PanAway Essential Oil Blend, and Deep Relief roll-on.
Benefits & Uses
Peppermint Essential Oil has many benefits, including promoting focus and relieving sore muscles. Peppermint Vitality Essential Oil is known for supporting digestion and adding flavor to various drinks and dishes. You can use Peppermint Essential Oil aromatically and topically, and you can use Peppermint Vitality Essential Oil internally. Here are a few ideas of how to access all of the benefits from these oils in your everyday routine.
Peppermint Essential Oil
● Inhale directly from the bottle, or rub a drop into your hands and breathe in, to stimulate and “wake up” your senses in the morning.
● Diffuse in your home or office to create a focused and energizing environment.
● Diffuse in your car, or apply to a cotton ball and wedge into your air vent, during long drives to stay focused and alert.
● Apply to your chest before and during a tough workout to feel refreshed.
● Apply to fatigued areas after a workout or a long day at work to cool muscles.
● Apply to your temples when you have a tension headache.
● Add a few drops to epsom salt under running hot bathwater for a soothing aromatic experience.
● Mix with your favorite shampoo for a refreshing scent and to stimulate your scalp.
● Add a drop or two to a capsule for daily digestive system support.*
● Blend with your post-workout smoothie for a refreshing flavor and to wind down after the workout.*
● Add a drop to your toothpaste or directly under your tongue to freshen breath.*
● Add to tea, baked goods, and desserts for a minty flavor.
Homemade Vapor Rub
● ¼ cup olive oil
● ½ cup coconut oil
● ¼ cup grated beeswax
● 20 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
● 10 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
● 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
Add olive oil, coconut oil, and beeswax to a glass jar. Bring a pot of water to a boil, then remove from heat. Place jar inside the water and allow oils and wax to melt together, stirring to combine. Remove and let cool slightly. Mix in essential oils and allow to set.
Homemade Peppermint Patties
● 1 cup raw coconut oil
● 1/4 cup organic honey
● 8-10 drops Peppermint Vitality
● Melted dark chocolate
Melt coconut oil just enough to mix with honey and Peppermint Vitality. Then pour the mixture into silicone molds (or roll into balls) and freeze for about 15 minutes. Melt chocolate in a double broiler then let cool. Drizzle chocolate over patties and refreeze for 20-30 minutes, and enjoy.