Stress be gone – we don't need you anymore!
Living in such a fast-paced world that requires all of our attention and energy, stress seems pretty inevitable. Being busy is the culture of our society and while being busy isn’t always a bad thing, it can bring upon stress that makes our lives seem like it is spinning out of control if we aren’t careful to deal with it as we see it coming. As we mentioned in a previous blog post, stress is sometimes unavoidable, but it can be dealt with in a calm and anxiety-free manner. One tool that we have found to be helpful when stressful times meet us face-to-face is Young Living’s Stress Away essential oil blend. The most notable things in this blend that make it smell so nice and unique are the vanilla extract and the lime essential oil. There are of course a couple of other essential oils mixed into this blend as well, which we get into further detail. We totally recommend having this little guy always handy in your purse, backpack, or on vacation.
What’s in Stress Away?
Copaiba: Known for its gentle and woodsy aroma, this oil creates a relaxing and comforting aroma that is said to help with stress. Its benefits are creating a tranquil environment and helps soothe fatigues muscles when applied topically.
Lime: Getting just a whiff of this bad boy makes you feel energized! The scent helps you feel uplifted and exhilarated. Great for stress as it helps your mind feel more equipped and clear to deal with the situations you are facing.
Cedarwood: A very fresh, earthy, and woodsy aroma this scent brings to a room. Its powerful, yet calming scent helps create peace in the chaos.
Lavender: Popular because of its serene scent. It promotes calm feelings, combats tension, and calms the mind and body. Perfect for stressful situations!
Ocotea: Among other benefits, this oil has a warm and calming scent that helps your mind slow down in the middle of stress and aids relaxation.
Vanilla: It also has a nice warm and calming scent. It is a mental health booster and helps reduce jitters.
How to Use Stress Away
Add 3-4 drops in the diffuser after a long, exhausting day to create a calm and soothing environment.
Add 3-4 drops with Epsom salts in a nice hot bubble bath to melt all your stress away. We even suggest a drop or two of Pan Away or Deep Relief if you’ve had a physically exhausting day as well.
Make a DIY bath bomb. See recipe below.
Apply topically to wrists or back of neck to relieve stress. You can also dilute it in a rollerball if you like with any carrier oil of your choice. For added fun, you could put some rose quartz gems into your rollerball, it makes it look prettier and represents tenderness, healing, and comfort.
Add 2-3 drops on a cotton ball and stuff into the air vent of your car for a nice and calming drive to work or if you find yourself stuck in traffic.
DIY Stress Away Bath Bombs
½ cup Epsom salts
½ cup Citric acid
1 cup baking soda
¼ cup cornstarch
3 tsp of almond oil
14 drops of favorite essential oil smell/blend (Lavender, geranium, citrus fresh, eucalyptus)
Bath bomb molds
Dried rose petals/lavender/flowers (Optional)
1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk until well combined. If using dried flowers, crush into dry ingredients and mix well so it is evenly distributed.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Slowly pour the wet ingredient mixture into the large mixing bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix very well. Feel free to use your hands to mix.
3. Once thoroughly mixed, pick up the mixture and shape it. It should feel like damp sand and should hold a shape well. If it does not, add a teaspoon of water until it feels that way. Once it holds shape, you are ready to put the mixture in the molds.
4. Fill both sides of the mold all the way and close the mold together.
5. The last step is just waiting for the bath bombs to dry and harden. Let them sit in the mold for about an hour, then you may take them out and let them air dry. Put them on a towel in a safe space. When taking the bath bombs out of the mold, you may need to do a little wiggling. Let them dry overnight and then they're ready to enjoy